۱۰/۱۸/۱۳۸۹

The Earthy Sweetness of Truffle Honey

 

Tuscanyumbria_080 For those of you who have ordered cheese at Otto (part of the Molto Mario chain here in NYC), you know about the wonders of truffle honey.  It's nothing short of outrageously addictive.  Sweet, fragrant honey is laced with chopped black truffle, creating a balance of earthiness and sweetness that explodes in your mouth with flavor.





truffles to be found.  My mother loved the regular honey and purchased a few small bottles of it, but ended up buying the trWhile in Montalcino, we were served an excellent, floral and fragrant local honey with a plate of cheeses.  But the menu called out the truffles in the honey, but I know truffle Tuscanyumbria_078honey dammit, and there weren't any uffle honey instead. 

       This mix up annoyed her for some reason, so she gave them to me.  We served a bottle a few days later with local cheeses at our villa in Umbria.  Seriously, this honey is so damn good that if Sandra Lee was covered in it, I'd even lick it off of her.
    I'm down to my last small bottle but I know I will be a cracked-out mess once I run out.  Of course, I've contacted the producer Calugi via their website, begging them to tell me where I can get it in the States or whether they can send me a lifetime supply.  Nothing. I have found some other brands on the web but fear disappointment (average honey or lack of truffle flavor).  Does anyone out there have any truffle honey tips for me? Please? Where does Otto get theirs? Let me know and I'll be your bestie. 

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر