۱۰/۱۸/۱۳۸۹

Rosemary Honey

 

Sept26_honey
    


















     While thinking about making a cheese plate recently, I needed to come up with a few quick condiments to go along with the cheeses.  I immediately began to think about the truffle honey I enjoyed so much in Italy, but I'm unfortunately out of it and haven't tracked down replacements for the pantry. 
      I did, however, have a high quality Acacia honey that would be a fine accompaniment with one of the cheeses.  In thinking about the truffle honey, I thought about infusing my own flavors into the Acacia honey I had on hand.  I had some truffle oil , but instead eyed some of the fresh herbs in the fridge.  The rosemary in particular should have been a nice pairing with a mild, earthy goat cheese.  I chopped a handful of fresh rosemary and tossed it the honey, then let the rosemary marinate overnight, hoping the flavors would intensify.  That they did.  The rosemary honey was nicely balanced - sweet, earthy and bursting with rosemary flavor.  I think honey is great vehicle for carrying flavor, so I plan on pursuing other honey infusions...and maybe not just for cheese. Peperoncino is at the top of my list - somehow I think the spiciness and sweetness could be a nice combination.  I am cooking for some folks tonight, maybe I'll think about using a spicy honey to lightly coat a slow roasted fish, BLT style?

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر